Thursday 19 August 2010

Kenya Safari 20th - 29th June. Samburu Nature Reserve













I was a little bit apprehensive going to Kenya, I have a big obsession for Raptors and was aware we would share a minibus for over a week with people we had never met before, it was unlikely they would share my obsession! I imagined at the start it would be OK to stop and photograph every bird of prey we saw (whilst everyone else would be primarily focused on seeing Africa's big 5 (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo) and by the end of the week, it would be "Here comes Eagle boy again"! A friend joked that if was like the TV programme "Coach Trip", I would be voted off first. But I was told by another Nature enthusiast that if you get chance to go to Africa you should go.
The first destination on the safari was Samburu nature reserve north of the capital Nairobi. The monkey above was photographed in the lodge compound, in fact we were told not to leave our front doors open, the rest of the pictures from our first safari, the afternoon we arrived at the reserve, it was amazing to see these animals in the wild for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment