Tuesday 14 April 2009

Introduction

Hello, My name is Ed Stride, I have always been interested in wildlife, birds in particular, especially growing up living right next to Christchurch Harbour in Dorset. I bought my first camera in 2006 a Konica Minolta, which allowed me to get some reasonable shots, also at this time I was living in Dubai, always perfect light!

Since 2003 when I visited a Red Kite feeding station in Wales, my main interest became seeing Raptors or Birds of Prey, so when I purchased a camera, these became my main focus, well if you are going to pick a type of bird why not go for the most exciting and the hardest to photograph!

In 2007 I moved back to Christchurch and my interest in photographing birds of prey was deepening so I spashed out on a Canon D400 and a sigma 170 - 500mm lens, I hope to improve along the way and take pictures that are pleasing to me and I hope you enjoy them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment