Sunday 4 September 2011

Merlin, Keyhaven Marsh, September 30th 2010.





Not long back from the Gibraltar Strait and having felt privileged and lucky to be on an international migration pathway photographing my favourite creatures, passing over in droves...

So back home and today it's back to the reality of trying to photograph one raptor in quite a big place, a "needle in a haystack". Or that's what I thought. Think I turned the first corner as I set out on the reserve and there was a young Merlin flying almost directly towards me at about shoulder height, raised the camera and my auto focus locked on (which does not always happen). :)
The young Merlin, even then perched on the shore very near by, so lying on my front I took a few more shots. Talk about lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment